Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go.

Well, how did everyone enjoy the first day back to school, hmm? For me, it wasn't such a happy occassion - it marked the end of my blissful scrapping holiday, and the return to the every day activity of planning lessons, programming, dealing with all the politics that comes with working in a school, and of course teaching. There's a huge dilemma about my classroom ... or rather lack of one! But I'm not going to get into that here - too depressing!!

Over the last week of the school holidays, I scrapped up a storm, baby! Lots and lots of lo's, including some monthly and DT challenges from Little Scrapbook Shop, and lots of lo's just for fun. I might just save some time - almost EVERYTHING I scrapped on the weekend used My Mind's Eye Bohemia papers and embellishments ... I'm so in love with them, I can't even tell you!

Here are as many of the lo's that blogger will let me upload today ... please be good little blogger!






Ok, so it's letting me show you 5 - I'll upload some more later on.

So, the really exciting news ... Kieran started highschool, and after the initial misgivings (he was almost sick with nerves the day before) he LOVES it! He is really in his element - he's totally loving maths, and his History teacher is a little blown away by his level of knowledge I think. So all is good on that front ... I think I'm over the "I'm not ready for my son to be going to high school" phase. It's kind of good teaching a year 7 class actually, as I can live vicariously through them, and have some kind of an insight into what my son is experiencing.

Ok, I'm off to get some work done - take care, everyone, and give your kids a big HUGE hug ... they grow up way too quickly!!

7 comments:

bloggedissue said...

Love your layouts PT!

Narelle said...

LOs look great! So glad your young man has settled into high school OK. It must be such a huge change!

Just Jini's said...

Love your LO's PT. That Bohemia pp is devine isn't it.
Glad high school is going well for ds.

Natalie said...

Fantastic LO's PT...and yes it is a shock all round when they get to highschool. Glad to hear he is enjoying it.

Tracey said...

They all look amazing PT - just gorgeous!

And I'm glad your 'little boy' is surviving and enjoying high school...

Melinda said...

Great layouts and I am a big fan of My Minds eye papers and embellishments too.
Melinda

Melissa Goodsell said...

I was blog hopping and ending up here and I just wanted to say that your layouts are really lovely :O)
Melx