Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I love a rainy night ...

I'm thinking about doing posts with song lyrics as titles, what do you think?? lol Yep, it's late, I'm bored, and I've been coming up with lots of bizarre ideas, so just humour me.

So an update, I hear you exclaim! What's been happening in my life? Lots, thanks for asking!! Some not so great, and I don't really want to go into that right now ... but I do want to say this. I freaked out a little last week at how long my MSN contact list was getting with scrapping people I'd met online, particularly when you compared it with "real" people (those ones who I had seen in person before I knew what an avatar was). But when the chips are down (what a stupid saying!!) and times are tough, my online friends are the ones who have been flooding me with support, and for that I am truly grateful. It's made me realise how lucky I am to have met so many of you through forums, and scrapping sites, and I value each and every one of you. Big hugs!!! (I need some emoticons on here, Cath!) Just as an aside ... before I edited that last sentence, it said big jugs ... I'm just going to leave that out there, for you to ponder on.

HOW AWESOME has the rain been? I was totally loving it, and am a bit disappointed that it didn't pour any more today. We had our swimming carnival at work today, and could have almost held it in the quad, the puddles were so big after the past couple of days. Fingers crossed that it does some good - God knows we need even more!

Some good news - I have a classroom! YAY ME! It's amazing what a bit of diplomatic discussions will achieve, so tomorrow is D-Day - decorating! I'm taking all my accumulated posters and resources in to get my room organised. Very exciting (well, for me anyway ... smile and nod, all you non-teacher people who don't get the thrill of a permanent classroom, and move on to the next paragraph, ok?)

I think I've got a couple of new lo's to share - do you want to see? If not, you probably should have stopped at the last paragraph - which totally sucks for those of you who aren't teachers, now, doesn't it? The question is, then, if you aren't a teacher or a scrapper, what on earth are you reading this for? There isn't much else in my life ... lol.

These are just a few random lo's from the past couple of weeks - some done for a cybercrop at Scrap Therapy (LOVE the site, Nat, you are doing an awesome job girl!!) and some more just for fun.

Ok, off to bed for me - have a great rest of the week, everyone, and give your kids a HUGE hug. Life is too short to let stress about stupid little things get in the way of what's special, and those moments where you can hug them and make them hug you back, even though they may be rolling their eyes as they do it, are all too fleeting. Take care, and Happy Valentine's Day for tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Love those pages Tanara. They look great.

Hope you enjoyed setting up your room.

Tara said...

Great pages.

Happy Valentines day to you too.

Natalie said...

Love your Layouts PT they looke fantastic!!

Scrapmanda said...

HOpe all is okay with you ~~~~hugs (not jugs)~~~~ from me up here! Lovin' your scrappin btw!