Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to high school we go ...

So it's official - well, more official than it was before, really. We got the letter on Wednesday telling us that Kieran was accepted to the high school we were hoping for. It's public, but out-of-area for us, so we had to fill out heaps of forms to get approval to enrol him there, and they approved it ... yay! Except that with the letter came the enrollment forms, and the uniform price list, and the dates for the orientation sessions, and all of a sudden the whole "high school" thing is not so much of a distant thought anymore, but a sudden looming reality, and I don't know that I'm really ready to deal with my little man going to high school just yet! It's not as much to do with the fact that I'm getting older (thanks Kel!) as it has to do with the fact that he's getting older ... so the high school thing, combined with the other tell-tale signs of maturity (secretive phone calls to girls, (well one really!!) all of a sudden caring about the hair cut, being fussy about what the label on the clothes is when he never has before, and oh, did I mention the time spent on the phone?!?) are making me realise all of a sudden that he's not a little kid any more, and I'm kind of unsure how I feel about that. Off to scrap some more baby pics of him, I think ... lol.

2 comments:

Scrapmanda said...

What a great idea - I must remember to save the baby photo's to scrap later on!!!

Tamara said...

My boss has teenage boys (mid teen) and she says that the girls can come in handy...it encourages them to wash on a reasonably frequent basis!

There are benefits...occasionally.

Congrats for getting into the new school though, I'm sure he'll do great.

Tamara