Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yumm ...

I'm so in love with Peters Creme brulee icecream right now- and my husband for getting it for me! What a legend - I love that man! (even if he does have longer hair than me ... he he)

I've been having some fun scrapping this week - some stuff I can't share just yet, so keep an eye out for that soon, but here is some stuff I can share!
I did both these layouts for the CC at LSBS, and I love them! The "In focus" one was thanks to a colour challenge set by the beautiful Tracy, and I just love it - it is something I would normally never do! The other one was done in my effort to use up my stash, so I can feel a bit better about just having placed a couple of orders ... lol. So, Goofy Girl is mostly Fancy Pants, with some Heidi and American Crafts alphas, just in case you were wondering! lol I also used up a HEAP of Love Elsie papers I had sitting here - I don't feel so bad about buying the whole Melissa Frances Thankful range now! Actually, I didn't feel bad about buying it anyway - it's too nice for words. So pretty and girly -really me. Plus, I got some of the vintage trims and embellishments, and some ticket tags ... watch out for some baldy pics scrapped in pretty pink coming soon to a computer screen near you! lol
























These two layouts aren't mine, as much as I'd like to take credit for them. Kelsey did these - isn't she a talented little cookie? She was given an 8.5x11 album for her birthday last year, and she loves scrapping that size. Her album is almost full, and she's decided she wants a ring-binder one next - seriously, how many 8 year olds decide they want to upgrade their scrapping albums for christmas? Too funny!







So, back to work this week with no hair - and the reaction I got from the kids was overwhelming! One girl was in tears - she couldn't believe that someone would willingly do that to their hair. The best reaction, though, came from one of our resident bad-boys. He had been kicked out of class, and was on his way to see the deputy principal, and I was walking the same way. I'd just put a bandanna on, because my head was FREEZING (we've had a cold snap here this week - just my luck!) and he told me that he'd just brought the same bandanna for his Nan, because she has cancer. I told him why I was wearing it, and why I'd shaved my head, and this tough guy who takes everyone on whenever he gets a chance said "you're a f*cking legend Miss."So there you go ... I'm a legend!! lol Moments like that - that's why I love my job. Something little, a seemingly insignificant conversation in the corridor, and it makes a connection. And that's what teaching is all about - making the most of those little connections in the hope that when it matters, you can make a big difference. Moments like that make me LOVE teenagers - they swear heaps, they give you attitude like you wouldn't believe, but they are honest and appreciative when it counts. I wouldn't work anywhere else! (NOTE TO SELF: RE-READ THIS NEXT TIME YOU ARE HAVING A SHITTY DAY/ WEEK/ MONTH/ TERM/ YEAR AT WORK!)

K, I'm off to play with my new pretty things! Take care, luv ya, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

mandysea said...

Awesome PT!! Love you new stash you've used and ESPECIALLY love that 'In Focus' LO!! Superb girl! (fab story too!!)

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Gorgeous layouts Tamara!!