Saturday, October 04, 2008

Some scrappy weekend stuff

It's cybercrop weekend at Scrap Therapy this weekend - lots of cool ROCKtober challenges! If you need some scrapping time, head on over. The first game was run and won last night, but there is bingo tonight, 7pm NSW time, so pop on in to the forum and make sure you PM me your list of bingo words before we start! There is also an extra challenge this afternoon, in honour of World Card Making day, and some extra giveaway prizes from a few of the DT members, which will be taking place periodically over the weekend - we have some extra Sass Lass goodies that we didn't use from our DT packs, so we are sharing the love!
Here is the layout I did for my theme challenge - you need to use the word "ROCK" somewhere in your journalling, song lyrics for your title, and curves somewhere. I love these pics of Tay, and the Sass Lass papers are too nice for words. They are on sale until tomorrow night - 20% off - so don't miss out if you want some!





This one is one that I did for the monthly Write Stuff challenge in the forum ... to do a layout with no photos. I'm really happy with how it turned out!
I've been having a great time this week - school holidays, so I've been scrapping up a storm. Lot's of new MAN of the month goodness ... I'll share those layouts after tomorrow night, and the big announcement at Therapy.
I took the kids to Taronga Zoo yesterday, with my sister's childcare centre. I was helping supervise a group of 10 little girls, including my 2. We managed to lose Tayla near the gorillas (appropriate really!) and then both Kelsey and Tayla near the penguins - they got caught up listening to the keeper talk. Yes, I was very stressed - not nearly as stressed as poor little Tay the first time though! They had only just noticed we were gone at the penguins when I got back there, thank goodness. One good thing about it was that as much as Tay was stressed, she did the right thing - went and found a keeper, and told them she couldn't find me, and showed them the phone number. The girls were just starting to talk to the penguin keeper when I went back around the corner. So, all those talks about what to do if you are separated paid off!
I got some great photos - loving the Canon EOS 350D! Man, it's heavy though - I didn't realise until I spent a whole day with it around my neck. I've just ordered some great accessories through an online camera store - a lens hood, card reader, new memory card, some filters, and something else ... it's bad when you can't remember huh?? lol It was heaps cheaper than I've found them anywhere else, so I'll definitely be going back there when I need/want more camera goodness!
Ok, I'm off to scrap a bit - and set an alarm on my phone! We have to pick up Kieran after a week at cadets camp. He's going to stink! lol But I know he will have had a great time. Catch you all later!

1 comment:

Princess Gizmo said...

Oh My! You are sure one cool princess!! Love your LOs! May I link yours to mine? Thanks.

I'm Maya! :)