Monday, June 11, 2007

Long time no blog!!

Wow, how did that month get away so quickly? Just a quick update of what I've been up to ...
Work has been super hectic- it's reports time, so all those teachers out there know what I'm talking about! Massive piles of exams, reports to write and proof read, and to top it all off, I'm the year 6 into 7 coordinator, so had to organise some lessons for a couple of local primary schools to come up to ... madness!! It all worked out well, eventually, but I was so over it by Wednesday night.

The Little Book of Big Memories is over at Little Scrapbook Shop, and the winners have been announced ... congrats to all the winners! Tash was the overall winner, and there were heaps of individual category winners, but my fave was Shelee ... way to go, sweety!! I was not one of them (boo hoo, sob sob!!) but I'm not really upset - I've got another 17 layouts finished to add to my albums, and I love almost all of them! I've kind of accepted that I'm not the kind of scrapper who wins prizes or gets published - people who do the more "arty", fussy, embellished kinds of layouts get that privilege. But I'm ok with that - I love what I do, and the most important aspect of my scrapping for me is that I am taking some time to capture special memories of our lives so that we can relive and remember them in the future. As much as I would love to see some of my work in print, I'm not stressing about it ... magazines are obviously looking for something else, and that's cool!

It's been a long weekend here in NSW ... woo hoo! I've been sick for most of it though ... boo hoo. I was feeling much better yesterday morning though, and headed off to Scrapabout Australia for an awesome class with the wonderful Alison Shearer. Thanks for the inspiration, Alison ... if you want to see some of what we worked on, you can check out her blog (and whilst she may have meant "paint" not "pain", she tried her best to inflict some bodily harm to me with her new staple gun - I almost had a brand new piercing!!) Today, we took the kids to see Shrek the Third ... not as good as the previous 2 movies, but a good way to spend a monday afternoon all the same.

Cybercropping at LSBS this weekend ... I've only managed to do one layout, but the girls have both done one each too, and I'm so proud of them - they both did their own handwritten journalling! So here is what we got up to this weekend - I'll share some LBOBM layouts next time I post (which hopefully will be sooner than next month!)

The first one is Kelseys, the second Tayla's, and the last one mine.

K, that's it from me ... take care everyone, see you all soon!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Glad to see you back PT. I think your layouts are awesome and well worth prizes!! Roll on school holidays lol more time for scrapping then!!

Narelle said...

I think your LOs are always amazing PT! And the mags are missing out not publishing your fabulous work!

Tracey said...

I agree with Nat and Rels - your work is amazing and I'd love to see them published.... but then you may get too 'famous' to talk to me, so I'm happy for you to keep scrappin in your style and sharing them with us! We loves ya babe!