Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The good, the bad and the ugly.

This is going to be a quick one, but I got gently reminded by Tara the other night that it's been a little while since I blogged, so here I am!
It's been a mixed bag the past couple of weeks ....2 weeks on, and Tayla still isn't much better, the poor little munchkin. She woke up with a puffy swollen eye on Monday, and is back on antibiotics to try and get rid of this infection that's taken hold of her and doesn't seem to want to let go. She seems to be a bit better now, thanks to the antibiotics, but it's getting a bit old, her being sick all the time, I feel so sorry for the little sweety. She's such a trooper - I wish I was that resilience!
One of Kelsey's friends' from Lithgow had surgery this week - the Doctor's quite by accident found a tumour on her kidneys. Test results came back today, and it was benign, thank goodness, but we were pretty worried all week about her, and it really made me realise how totally blessed we are with our kids, but also how fleeting that can seem sometimes ... I've been really making the most of even the most insignificant moments with the kids the past couple of days as a result. It's a scary thing, when you hear the "T" word mentioned, so I can't even imagine how her mother must have been coping. Thinking of you, Bek!
We had some other bad news this week too - my grandfather isn't well, and things are looking progressively worse. "Not life threatening" were my Nan's words, but she didn't sound too convincing. I'm trying not to dwell too much on "what if's", but it's making me realise that I probably don't have too much time to waste if I want to get his stories down - he's a fair-dinkum Aussie yarn spinner, my Pa, and I could listen to him tell his tall tales for hours. So what I really need to do next time I indulge in that is to press record on the tape player, and get some of it captured.

I bet you're all waiting for the good? Well, here it is ... it's school holidays! I have been hanging out for these for a few weeks now, and I can't wait to get some serious relaxing happening. We are going to Colo River for some R&R tomorrow, so I'm planning on doing nothing but reading, resting, recuperating,... and anything else restfull that starts with R!! I'm scrapping tonight, so fingers crossed I can get out of this slump I've been in lately. That's it from me for now - hopefully next time I blog won't be too far away, and I'll have some slightly more happy news to share ... or at least some scrapping that I'm happy with!! Take care, everyone, and give your kids a special hug, if you have them!!

4 comments:

pinkrose said...

Hope your child is better soon and I'm very glad your friends child got a good report all the prayers where answered Thankfully


I hope you do get your Grandfather on Tape as his stories would be treasured for years to come

Tracey said...

Glad to see you back PT - and thank goodness about your friend's little one....
Your grandad sounds like an absolute character - could that be where you get your story telling 'abilities' from? :)

Angela said...

Hiya Princess,

Hope you had a good time at Colo River.

Praying that your Grandfather will be okay.

Jode said...

Hi PT,
thanks for visiting my blog. How have things gone for you since you last posted?
School holidays finishing up for me today, tomorrow it back to the grindstone.
Hope all is on the mend...