Monday, September 04, 2006

Electrical Shock ...

as in, there are electrical appliances everywhere in shock after the events of the weekend!

(As a precursor to all this, so you don't think I'm completely nuts, I should let those of you who don't know me very well in on some inside info ... I don't DO housework. Or cooking. That's not to say that I can't, of course, but I work fulltime, and my husband is at home, so he does almost all of it. Of course, he did so too, when we were both working - so basically, I just don't do it, regardless of the circumstances. All set? Ok, here we go!!)

So father's day has come and gone for another year, and the biggest surprise in our household was the amount of electrical appliances that were used ... by me. We're talking cooking stuff here people! The frypan made an appearance, and was wondering who this strange person was pulling it from the cupboard. The sandwich toaster was wondering who she was too, and why she was sitting it on top of a hotplate that was actually hot - didn't she know that she needed to plug the cord in to use me? (In my defense, I forgot that the hotplate had been turned on, and wasn't really trying to heat up the Breville like that, honest. And it's only a little bit melted, not much!!) On the upside, breakfast was great, and DH seemed to enjoy eating a meal he hadn't prepared, which usually only happens when it's served with fries and a coke.

So then I did some vacuuming, and wonder of wonders, the house stayed standing. No walls collapsed, no buildings caving in from shock, no effects at all - except, of course, for the substantially cleaner floor. Perhaps this cleaning caper isn't so hazardous to my health after all! I did kick my toe though, and we don't want a repeat of that too often. Hmmm.

We took the dog for a walk, and went to see my stepdad and give him his presents. Came home to get dinner organised, and Dennis said he really wanted to cook, so who am I to stand in the way of a father on fathers' day? I did help, though, by staying well out of his way, and having a nap on the lounge while watching a movie with the kids. It was the least I could do.

We put the kids to bed, and settled down for a nice relaxing night. I decided to pull out the scrapping stuff, and Dennis started helping out ... surprisingly (or not, I guess, if you know my husband) he was a great help. I now have the perfect title for a pic I've been wanting to scrap, and he picked out some great papers to go with it. Then comes the next shock - I used the iron. (Insert ominous sounding music here) I've had some Heidi Swapp iron on letters for a while, after being inspired by a lo I saw at Scrapabout Australia, but hadn't used them. So, motivated by all my appliance adventures of the day, I pulled it out and got ironing. And they look really awesome! The only problem was the slightly melted section on the craft mat (note to self: maybe ironing on the ironing board next time would be a good ideaa). I just need to get one more pic printed before I can finish the lo properly, so I'll share that when it's done.

In other news, LittleScrapbookShop are looking for some new DT members - a scrapper, and a stamper. If that's something you might be interested in, check out the forums for info ... it's a great site to be a part of! They also have lots of great challenges going on at the moment, so if you are in the mood for some scrapping, head on over and be inspired.

Ok, I'd better go and do some work - today is my easy day, so I'm taking advantage of a bit of free time. Cya later, bloggers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good story, PT. I had a laugh. Looking forward to see that ironing LO. - Vita

Anonymous said...

Man, remind me not to come to your place for a meal, Tam! lol I don't like melted plastic with my bacon and eggs.

Kelvin