Sunday, December 24, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas ...

and I'm LOVING it, baby! I'm finally out of my pre-christmas funk that has been lurking lately and making me miserable (although I'm still bummed about the missing deco's!!) and I can't wait till Santa gets here. It's been super full on around here lately - time for some dot points, I think!
  • Kelsey's dancing concert was awesome, despite mummy having to SEW things ... heaven forbid! She was graceful and elegant in ballet, but the Jazz - Oh MY GOD! She was groovy, and funky, and so awesome, I couldn't stop smiling and crying simultaneously all the way through it.

  • Tayla's gymnastics concert was too cute - it was a Peter Pan theme, and despite her initial missgivings (our little angel wanted to be a pirate!!) she was a gorgeous fairy, swinging and floating and tumbling around. No self esteem issues, this girl - they gave all the kids a medal, and she strutted over to us saying "I'm the YMCA champion, mummy!!" So here are some pics of our champion in fairy land ... it was set up so well, and was an awesome show, with some of the older gymnasts taking on the roles of Hook, Peter and Wendy. Tayla was so impressed, she wants to learn to bounce and tumble like them - and given her backflip attempt last night, it won't be long before she can!


  • Kieran's Yr 6 graduation/farewell/last day of school ... I thought I'd be fine, really. And I was - right up until my big brave boy lost it, and stood there hugging his best mates, tears pouring down their cheeks. I lost it right along with him. Then Kelsey started - she's going to miss her yr 1 teacher big time. And Tayla started crying because we all were. It was a big Rodger's Family crying session, really. But he looked so handsome all dressed up for his farewell, and when I arrived to pick him up, I found him holding hands with a girl .. not too sure how impressed I was with that, but I played it cool, so that's something, I guess!! This pic is the result of letting him take the camera to the farewell ... not many usable pics among the bunch!!

There was lots lots more, but really, I'm too tired to go through it all. I will share some exciting scrapping news though ... I won a cc with a lo I totally love at the Chookscraps CC, and I've been invited back to compete for a spot in the Chookscraps survivor comp ... I'm in awesome company, as the wonderful Jini was also invited back! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. This is the lo from the CC - lots of handcutting, and a totally gorgeous picture of Tayla - I love this! I took this photo as part of a camera challenge at LittleScrapbookShop - the lovely DT member and allround legend Lisa challenged us to explore the settings on our digital cameras and take a black and white pic, and this was the result - thanks Lisa!

Have a great christmas everyone ... I can't wait till Santa gets here, and we see what the kids get - they've been refining their lists for a while now! lol. I hope your day tomorrow is blessed, and you have someone wonderful to share it with. Don't forget to check out Santa's website - Claus.com, to see if you are on santa's naughty or nice list - so far, everyone here is on the nice list (although I don't know how after the past couple of days!) Take care!!

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family PT!

T XO

Julie said...

Wishing you a very merry christmas and a safe and happy new year.

Love the page. Congrats on the cc win and the surivor comp.

Chookie said...

Tamara - you deserved to win - your layout is awesome! Love the fairy pics - looks like it was heaps of fun. Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas and all the best for New Year.

Natalie said...

ah hem....PT PT where are you?? You seem to have disapeared from blogdom!

Just Jini's said...

Knock Knock......echooeeee
Oh dear PT where for art tho? Hope you had a super Chrissy and a fantastic New Year. Love the pics and you so did a fantastic job at the cc. It's a mega honor to be in the survivor challenge with you.