Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A great weekend ...

Well, what an awesome weekend! I spent Saturday pottering around the house with the kids. Sunday, I went to lunch with Belinda, and some of her friends, and had the BEST South African lamb burger at Latte-tude in Penrith ... too yummy for words! It was topped off with a bottle of bubbly, in honour of the occasion - we were heading off to see Sex and The City! It was tops. Loved it. Loved even more that I was out of the house, and having a bit of fun ... it seems like it's been a very long time since I've had something to smile about!



The girls stayed at my sister's place, and Kieran at Poppy's, so Dennis and I had the house to ourselves. We watched some TV, and I did some scrapping. Then Monday morning, Dennis got up to go to work, and I slept in. Till about 10am. In TOTAL silence. It was blissful. I got up, and didn't turn the tv on. I didn't turn the radio on. It was just me, all alone in my house. Loved it to bits!! I enjoyed the silence for a while, then did a mountain of housework - washing, folding, sorting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning, dusting, etc. It completely wore me out, but it felt good at the same time. It felt normal. (Well, anyone who knows me knows that me cleaning is so NOT normal - but you know what I mean! lol)

So, here are a couple of the layouts I scrapped ... I'm pretty happy with them! I did a couple more too, but they are in varying states of completion, so I'll share them when I'm done.



Oh yes ... this is the infamous sketch from ScrapTherapy's Cybercrop on the weekend. I bow in reverence to all the people who are able to produce stunning sketches using their computer, but I'm a pen and paper kind of girl. Aren't the stick figures ... interesting? The kids at work hassle me every time I have to draw on the board. I tell them it could be worse ... I could be their Art teacher! lol This sketch was used as inspiration for my "Big Bro" layout in the post below, and also the "Shine" one here. I'm really happy with Shine actually - love those pics of Tayla!

If you missed the CC, then you can always join in at LSBS this weekend, for their Friday the 13th cybercrop - it's all about black, baby!

Well, that's about it - Dennis is yelling at the TV. Apparently the ref is an idiot. I have NO idea how our kids are still asleep! So I think I'm going to curl up with a good book in bed, and try and get to sleep early tonight. Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: