Friday, October 26, 2007

Blue days

Well, it's been a while ... but I've just not had a lot of great stuff to blog about, and frankly I'm getting a little tired of all my news being miserable and depressing! But in the interests of not having the most un-updated blog on the web (yep, I'm an English teacher, can you tell???) I thought I'd pop in here and give my sadly neglected ponderings a dust off.

So what's been happening? A lot of little things, I guess, that have just compounded over the past few months into this insurmountable mess that has become my life! Man, that sounds worse than it really is - can you tell I'm in a melancholic mood?
My totally gorgeous, and totally brave, daughter Kelsey was bitten by a dog at a birthday party. She was bitten on the top lip, and had to be taken to Westmead Children's Hospital by ambulance, for an overnight stay and surgery. The poor little munchkin was so totally brave, I'm so proud of her. It was totally heartbreaking! It was the day before school went back after holidays, too, which just made it worse for her, as she was so looking forward to getting back to see her friends and her teacher. She's recovering well, and thanks to the totally awesome team at Westmead Children's, is likely to have a very minimal scar on her face, which will hopefully diminish as she gets older.
Hmmm ... a car crash with some whiplash for Dennis, a stressed out Tayla from witnessing so much drama with her siblings, a sprained wrist for me, and not enough sleep for, I don't know, it feels like a year! Total crapola, is all I have to say.

Ok, maybe not TOTAL ... there have been some bright moments. Tayla got through to the semi-finals at the Physi champion girl comp, which was even more impressive considering that they don't have her age group so she had to compete up an age! Kelsey's physi team came third, and she did so well, I'm so proud of her effort. Tay started Levels gymnastics - she had her first class yesterday, and itw as a bit scary - for me, more than her I think! She's with much older girls, and it's a two hour long class, so we are letting her try it out this term, and we'll see how she goes for next year. She was a little overwhelmed, I think, as it's a huge step up from what she was doing last term, but she really loved it once she got settled. I sat there with my heart in my throat for most of the time.

K, I think it's bed time for me ... we have a huge weekend, with a lot of stuff to get done, and I'm really just about ready to crash, so it's probably a good time to head off huh? Next time I update (which will hopefully be soon!) I'll add some pictures of some stuff I've been working on lately ... lots of cards, and lots of OTP stuff. I really need to get some new photos printed, I'm running out of stuff to scrap! lol Oh, if you're in the mood for a cool scrapping comp, check out ScrapTherapy - SCRAPPING WITH THE STARS has started, and it's very cool! I'm hoping that things settle down enough soon that I'll be able to scrap some stuff for this!
Yep, going to bed now - LOL. Bye all!

3 comments:

Tash Allen said...

((((HUGS))))

helenj said...

PT your CRAPOLA is about to change......you have had more than your fair share!!!!!!!!

scrapbook CAPITAL said...

good news to here your daughter will be ok after that trauma... our hearts at SC have been thinking of you and your family. So glad your back on your feet... nothing but good vibes sending your way....