Thursday, May 01, 2008

What a week!

Man, I've only been back at work for 4 days, but I'm already in need of a holiday. It's program review week at work ... so what does that mean? Well, basically a lot of trees have given their lives this week, my friends. Piles of paper, all attempting to justify our pedagogical decisions. We've been collecting books, organising outcomes markbooks, and documenting every breath we have taken this term. Fun, huh? I'm sure there was something else I was supposed to be doing in my chosen career... ah yes, teaching! Maybe I'll get to that when we get through all the paperwork.

A quick text update - thanks for all the comments and advice on my 1984 dilemma. I've ended up changing my text choices for this term, and am doing a close study on Othello instead (LOVE Iago, what a legend!!) so I can give myself a bit more time to prepare a more interesting (and less snooze-inducing) comparative study program for next term. I'm feeling much better about it, so that's good. Hopefully my yr11 class enjoy Iago as much as me. One of the girls in my class told me about a Bollywood film version of Othello - anyone know any good places in Australia to pick up Indian films? I'd love to get a hold of it - as long as it's subtitled in English!

Scrapping wise, I'm looking forward to a big weekend! ScrapTherapy have their first retreat on this weekend, and I'm not going (boo hoo), but I get to stay home and run the cybercrop which is running this weekend with Julie (woo hoo!!) There is going to be a Blind Scrapping challenge tomorrow night, too, run by Scrapping4Kaytie ... I can't wait, I'm loving blind scrapping. Too much fun!

The other super exciting thing (well for me anyway) is that my kit for my first OTP class at Scrap Therapy has gone on sale - it's going to be great. The class is on May 17th, and you'll get to make a gorgeous mini album using a Kaiser crown album, and some beautiful Daisy Bucket papers. Check out the info in the forum HERE, and take a look at my cool kit - it's really good value!

Ok, I have an Othello program to finish writing by tomorrow, so I'd better go and get cracking.
Take care!
Tamara

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm liking the look of your kit PT.Yummy.

So looking forward to the cc, next best thing to going to the retreat.

Shan said...

The kit looks great babe! I might just have to stop by and join in the CC over the weekend ;)

Giovanna Scott said...

Have never taught Othello. You have to spill one day with all the cheat notes (hehe).
The kit looks yummy PT. Congrats!!!!